Have you ever ever discovered your self reaching for a bag of chips or a sweet bar with out even realizing it? Or perhaps you’ve eaten a complete meal whereas distracted by your cellphone or tv? Right here’s a aware consuming guided meditation.
It occurs to us all! One option to apply aware consuming is thru the “raisin” exercise, a aware consuming guided meditation that may enable you to turn into extra aware of your consuming habits.
Do not forget that meals is a lot extra than simply the bodily nourishment for our our bodies, it’s additionally about enjoyment, connection, custom, social expertise, cultural expertise, artistic expression, and pleasure! It’s regular for us to expertise consuming alongside feelings or distraction.
Conscious Consuming: The Raisin Exercise and Guided Meditation
Many people wrestle with senseless consuming or consuming with out being absolutely conscious of what we’re placing in our our bodies. However there’s a resolution: aware consuming. By working towards mindfulness whereas consuming, we are able to study to savor and revel in our meals extra absolutely, construct a extra balanced and peaceable relationship with meals, and even enhance our total well being.
This train is a implausible option to apply aware consuming and it may be performed with any meals!
I discovered this apply from my latest coaching in MBSR (mindfulness-based stress discount). The raisin exercise is a standard mindfulness train used within the context of aware consuming. Whereas it isn’t completely clear who first developed this exercise, it’s usually attributed to Jon Kabat-Zinn, a professor of drugs and the founding father of the Mindfulness-Based mostly Stress Discount program on the College of Massachusetts Medical Faculty. Kabat-Zinn is well known as one of many pioneers of contemporary mindfulness apply and has contributed considerably to its integration into mainstream medication and psychology.
What Is The Raisin Exercise?
The raisin exercise is a guided meditation that includes utilizing your whole senses to mindfully eat a single raisin. This train is designed that will help you decelerate, take note of your meals, and savor each chunk.
Once more, should you don’t take pleasure in raisins or don’t have them readily available, use any meals you want and have.
Right here’s the way to do the raisin aware consuming meditation:
- Begin by discovering a cushty and quiet place to sit down. In case you have a particular or devoted meditation area in your house, use this area. Be sure you received’t be disturbed for the following 10-Quarter-hour.
- Take a couple of deep breaths and focus your consideration in your physique. Really feel your ft on the bottom and your again towards the chair. Enable your self to calm down and let go of any rigidity.
- Take a raisin and maintain it within the palm of your hand. Look at the raisin together with your eyes, listening to its form, shade, and texture. Discover any ridges or wrinkles on the floor.
- Convey the raisin as much as your nostril and take a deep breath. Discover any scent or aroma that the raisin offers off.
- Slowly place the raisin in your mouth, however don’t chew it but. Discover the feeling of the raisin in your tongue and the within of your mouth. Enable it to sit down in your mouth for a couple of seconds.
- Start to chew the raisin slowly and mindfully, listening to the feeling of every chew. Discover the feel and taste of the raisin.
- Swallow the raisin and see the feeling of it taking place your throat.
- Take a second to mirror in your expertise. How did it really feel to eat the raisin mindfully? Did you discover any new sensations or flavors that you simply wouldn’t have observed in any other case?
The raisin exercise is a robust device for working towards aware consuming. By bringing your full consideration to the act of consuming, you’ll be able to domesticate a deeper appreciation to your meals and develop a more healthy relationship with it.
Why Apply Conscious Consuming?
There are numerous advantages to working towards aware consuming. For one, it may well enable you to turn into extra conscious of your starvation and fullness cues, permitting you to higher regulate your meals consumption and keep your distinctive balanced weight.
Conscious consuming may enable you to take pleasure in your meals extra absolutely and scale back emotions of guilt or disgrace round consuming. Moreover, working towards aware consuming may help you turn into extra conscious of your emotional triggers round meals and develop more healthy coping mechanisms.
Suggestions for Working towards Conscious Consuming
Along with the raisin exercise, there are lots of different methods to apply aware consuming. Listed here are a couple of tricks to get began:
- Eat with out distractions: Keep away from consuming whereas watching TV, utilizing your cellphone, or working at your pc. As an alternative, focus your whole consideration in your meals.
- Decelerate: Take your time whereas consuming, and chew every chunk totally. This may enable you to savor the flavors and textures of your meals.
- Take note of your physique: Test in together with your physique earlier than, throughout, and after consuming. Discover how these sensations really feel in your physique with no judgment and a number of self-compassion.
Discover Freedom & Balanced Nourishment.
Embrace a Balanced & Peaceable Relationship with Meals.
When you’re trying to develop a more healthy relationship with meals and rework your consuming habits, think about becoming a member of our on-line group teaching program, the Conscious Diet Methodology. Our program is designed that will help you domesticate a aware method to consuming and develop a more healthy relationship with meals and your physique.
Get the 3-part system that can enable you to uncover your steadiness, take pleasure in meals absolutely, and nourish your relationship with meals to really feel assured, balanced, and at peace. You’ll study the abilities and methods you have to make lasting modifications to your well being and well-being. Don’t wait to begin your journey in direction of a more healthy, happier you.