Geneva—Oral consumption of Pycnogenol can considerably improve hair density, lower transepidermal water loss in scalp pores and skin, and optimize resting flux of the scalp. That’s the discovering from a double-blind, placebo-control examine printed in Well being Sciences Reviews. The analysis was performed with menopausal girls, suggesting that the branded ingredient generally is a protected, efficient pure possibility for girls coping with the hair thinning that’s frequent throughout menopause.
“Hormonal modifications throughout menopause can have an effect on hair progress charge, hair diameter and diameter distribution,” says says creator and famend pure doctor, Dr. Fred Pescatore. “Scalp hair density usually decreases with age, resulting in a heightened notion of hair thinning. Poor hair high quality can have a major psychological influence and will even result in elevated nervousness and despair. For ladies looking for hair well being help and people annoyed by hair loss throughout menopause or a continued sample of hair thinning, this examine reveals a brand new utility for an ingredient that has confirmed antioxidant and circulatory advantages, along with its already established advantages in menopause and skincare.”
The examine analyzed 63 menopausal girls, aged 45-60 years outdated. Girls within the complement group took 150mg of Pycnogenol a day (50mg 3 times a day, with meals). Hair standing and response have been documented at baseline, two months and 6 months. Among the many findings:
- Hair density elevated from the baseline of 225.8 hairs/cm2 to 293.6 hairs/cm2 after two months of supplementation with Pycnogenol. This can be a statistically important improve of 30%.
- The Pycnogenol group additionally skilled a 23% improve in hair density after six months. The placebo group skilled a non-significant improve in hair density after two and 6 months.
- Evaluation of the blood quantity variations (measured by resting flux) confirmed that the rise of hair density after Pycnogenol supplementation was related to a lower in resting flux of the scalp pores and skin by 21% after two months and by 44% after six months. Based on the corporate, this means an enchancment of scalp microcirculation.
- Researchers noticed a major transient lower of TEWL (transepidermal water loss) in scalp pores and skin within the Pycnogenol group, however not within the placebo group.
- A big lower of TEWL values of two.5 was detected after two months of Pycnogenol consumption and a rise of 6.0 was decided for the placebo group, in response to the report.
- After six months, the placebo group noticed a rise of 4.8 and Pycnogenol resulted in a rise of 1.0. Measurements have been taken with a Vapometer.
“This examine included varied advanced and complicated measurement instruments, which embeds an added layer of belief within the outcomes of this examine for these on the lookout for a pure path to handle feminine sample hair loss or total hair well being,” mentioned Dr. Pescatore. “Pycnogenol is a number one ingredient for circulation, wholesome pores and skin, joint well being and extra, supported as protected and efficient by 40 years of analysis. This examine reveals an thrilling new utility of a trusted and efficient ingredient with highly effective antioxidant properties to learn hair high quality.”