It’s Afternoon Tea Week and we now have made a great deal of allergy-friendly options to basic afternoon tea recipes, which we all know you’ll get pleasure from.
Afternoon tea is a superb British custom, significantly in the summertime, offering a good time to meet up with pals over a cup of tea and scrumptious truffles and scones.
Our high 5 Allergy-free afternoon tea recipes
The 5 gluten free recipes we now have chosen are additionally recipes which go well with folks with a number of meals allergic reactions, particularly nut free to make sure all friends can get pleasure from them. The gluten free cake recipes make use of our nut, soya and dairy free baking mixes and are due to this fact are fast and straightforward desserts to organize in your afternoon tea.
Nut Free Battenburg
This vegan, nut free cake is such an ideal high 14 allergen free different in your afternoon tea and the right allergy-safe twist on a basic cake. That is such an straightforward baking recipe for rookies.
Serves 8: Prep 10 minutes; Cook dinner 30 minutes
- 2 packets Inventive Nature Corn Bread baking mixes
- 100ml vegetable oil
- 400ml plant-based milk
- 160g apple sauce
- 200g high-quality semolina
- 200g icing sugar
- 150g dairy free unfold
- 2tsp vanilla extract
- 3 drops of purple meals colouring
- 6tbsp of jam
- Pour each packets of Cornbread baking combine right into a mixing bowl and provides it a fast whisk to take away any lumps.
- Make a bit of ‘nicely’ within the center then fastidiously add the vegetable oil, apple sauce and milk. Give all of it stir, however don’t over combine, or it’s going to change into too dense.
- Separate the combination into two bowls and add the purple meals colouring to 1 bowl and blend collectively.
- Pour the mixtures into two separate loaf tins. Place them within the oven for 30 minutes.
- While ready for them to bake, make the ‘marzipan’. Add the high-quality semolina, icing sugar, dairy free unfold and vanilla extract to a bowl and whisk with a hand whisk.
- Use your fingers to make it right into a ball, and place within the fridge for quarter-hour.
- When the Cornbread is cool, minimize every (the pink and the yellow) into two strips and utilizing the jam, stick them collectively to create the Battenburg cake sample.
- Take your ‘marzipan’ from the fridge, roll it out and utterly cowl the cake.
2 Banana Bread Scones
This recipe is ideal for some gluten free baking and utilizing our dairy free Banana Bread baking combine created a stunning twist on these scones. If you’re on the lookout for some free from scones then this straightforward recipe is for you.
Serves 6: Prep 10 minutes: Cook dinner 25 minutes.
- 2 packets Inventive Nature Banana Bread Baking combine
- 6 giant bananas
- 80g dairy free unfold
- 250g strawberry jam
- 150g vegan double cream
- 100g strawberries (to serve on the aspect)
- 1 cookie cutter
- Preheat the oven to 180° levels fan
- Pour the contents of each baking mixes into a big mixing bowl, add the mashed bananas and dairy free unfold. Combine till nicely mixed.
- Grease 2 sq. cake tins and distribute the combination evenly between the 2.
- Place within the oven for round 20 – 25 minutes till golden brown.
- Permit to chill for round 15 minutes.
- Utilizing the cookie cutter, minimize out 12 circles from the cooked banana bread.
- On six halves, place the cream adopted by the jam on every, then high with the opposite halves of the banana bread to create your scones.
- Serve with a aspect of recent strawberries.
Carrot Cake Fingers
When you love Carrot Cake then our nut free baking combine might be proper up your road and there’s no walnuts in sight! This recipe is ideal for baking with children as it’s so fast and straightforward.
Serves 6: Prep 10 minutes: Cook dinner 20 – 25 minutes
- 1 Inventive Nature Carrot Cake Combine
- 165g grated carrot
- 70ml vegetable oil
- 65ml chilly water
- 1tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 156g powdered (icing sugar)
- 60g additional virgin coconut oil
- 30ml of your favorite plant-based milk
- Splash of vanilla extract
- Preheat the oven to 180° levels fan
- In a big mixing bowl, add the contents of the baking combine, grated carrot, vegetable oil, chilly water and apple cider vinegar, retaining some grated carrot to brighten your cake on the finish.
- Evenly distribute the combination between two 20 cm sq. cake tins and place within the oven for 20 – 25 minutes.
- Permit the cake to chill for an additional 15 minutes.
- For the frosting, make sure the coconut oil is room temp (good and smooth), then whisk it to a creamy texture.
- Add within the sugar whereas mixing into the oil, slowly.
- Pop within the vanilla extract, then slowly add the milk, mixing on a regular basis, till you attain your required consistency.
- Minimize up the carrot cake into 6 rectangles and unfold the frosting on the highest.
- Sprinkle the grated carrot on high of the frosting.
Mini Chocolate Truffles
These mini Chocolate Truffles are excellent for some dairy free baking. These are nice in your afternoon tea because the vegan desserts.
Serves 7: Prep 10 minutes: Cook dinner 25 minutes
- 2 packs Inventive Nature Chocolate Cake baking combine
- 500ml your favorite plant-based milk.
- 220ml vegetable oil
- 300g dairy free buttercream
- 7x blackberries
- Preheat the oven to 180°C/400°F/Gasoline Mark 4
- In a mixing bowl, combine collectively the chocolate cake mixes, milk and vegetable oil till mixed.
- Spoon the batter right into a round baking dish and pop within the oven for about 25 minutes, then take away and permit to chill earlier than chopping.
- Utilizing a round cookie cutter, minimize 14 circles within the cake.
- Pip the dairy free buttercream on 7 of the cake circles, then place the opposite 7 truffles on high.
- Ice the highest of every mini cake, and place a blackberry on high to complete off.
Strawberries and Cream Brownies
These brownies are utterly free from the highest 14 allergens and we used nut free chocolate. These are nice vegan gluten free desserts to impress throughout your afternoon tea.
Serves 5; Prep 5 minutes: Cook dinner 20 – 25 minutes.
- 1 Inventive Nature Brownie baking combine
- 3 tbsp flaxseed
- 9 tbsp water
- 6 strawberries
- 50 mil dairy free whipped cream
- 125 g dairy free unfold
Preheat the oven to 180° levels fan
- Empty the contents of the baking combine into a big mixing bowl and add the dairy free unfold, flaxseed and water. Combine nicely till nicely mixed.
- Grease a sq. baking tin and pour within the combination. Place within the oven for round 20 to 25 minutes.
- As soon as baked, go away to chill for round 15 minutes. While the brownie combine is cooling, minimize the strawberries into skinny slices.
- As soon as the combo is cool, minimize the brownie into 10 rectangles.
- Line up 5 brownie rectangles, unfold the whipped cream on high, after which add the strawberry slices.
- Place the opposite 5 rectangle brownies on high and revel in!